Text Messaging is one of the most underused methods of direct marketing, but in our opinion also one of the most effective.
Small businesses seem to dismiss this form of marketing because there is a cost associated with it, but when you look at the statistics the reward in terms of open, read and response rates outweigh the cost especially when you compare it to other forms of media, with response rates 5 times that of Email Marketing.
By generating an opt-in mobile database you can ensure your text messages are going directly to those who would be interested in your products or services. With a 98% open rate (Gartner), and with 95% of those messages read within 3 minutes (Forbes) there is no better way to promote an offer or special event within a short time frame with your audience knowing almost instantly about your offering.
Did you know?
- On average, it takes 90 seconds for someone to respond to a text and 90 minutes to respond to an email.
- 75% of people would like to have offers sent to them via SMS (Source: Digital Marketing Magazine) – **If you have your own opt-in database and you can add value for your customers this would be higher**
- 50% of those surveyed who received an SMS from retailers, made a purchase as a result (Source: Marketing Charts)
- Sales prospects who are sent text messages convert at a rate 40% higher than those who are not sent a text message (Source: OneReach)
- Mobile offers are redeemed 10 times more frequently than print offers (Source: eMarketer)